300-400g diced stewing lamb, cubed
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon fi nely chopped fresh ginger
1-2 tablespoons Moroccan seasoning
400g can tomatoes in juice, chopped
1-2 cup cooked chick peas*
½ cup water
1. Heat the large pressure cooker pan over a medium to high heat. Brown lamb in a dash of oil. Add onion, garlic and ginger to the cooker and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes until onion begins to soften.
2. Add the seasoning and cook for 1 minute before adding the tomatoes, chick peas and water. Lock the pressure cooker lid on and set to low pressure (I), bring up to pressure and maintain the pressure for 20 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and allow pressure to reduce using the natural release method.
4. Serve with couscous or rice.
* For Chickpea cooking instructions refer to page 17 of your Steel Fern instruction manual.
* You can use 1 x 400g can chickpeas.