1 cup milk
1 cup cream
¼ cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
12 slices buttered fruit bread
4 apples peeled, cored, sliced and cooked or
( 600g canned apple slices)Method
1. Lightly grease with butter a heatproof dish which fits into the pressure cooker. Eg a soufflé dish
2. Beat eggs, milk, cream, sugar and vanilla essence together.
3. Cut bread into quarters using 1/3 of the bread to make a layer in the base of the dish. Spread over half of the apple slices and then follow with another layer of bread, then apple and finish with a layer of bread.
4. Pour over the beaten egg mixture and allow it to stand for ½ an hour if possible, so the egg mixture soaks into the bread, Cover dish with foil. Pour 1-2 cups of water into the pressure cooker and sit the trivet inside of the 9litre pressure cooker. Use a tea towel folded up to lower the pudding dish into the pressure cooker and sit it on the trivet.
5. Fold the ends of the tea towel over the covered pudding and lock on the lid. Set to high pressure (2) bring up to pressure and maintain the pressure for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and allow pressure to reduce naturally. Open pressure cooker and lift out edges of the towel with tongs and when cool enough use the tea towel to lift out the pudding dish.
6. If your pressure cooker is a smaller size adjust bowl and filling to suit ensure that you have a little space between the lid and the bowl and the lid lock on.