2 garlic cloves, crushed
rind of 1 lemon
¼ cup chopped fresh herbs, parsley, thyme sage
2 tablespoon olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 whole chicken, size 12
1½ cups hot liquid chicken stock or water
1. Mix together the garlic, lemon rind herbs and oil and season with salt and pepper. Rub over the chicken and place extra herbs inside the chicken cavity.
2. Heat the large pressure cooker pan over a medium to high heat. Brown chicken. Add stock or water. Lock on pressure cooker lid and set to high pressure (II), bring up to pressure and maintain the pressure for 20 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and allow pressure to reduce using the natural release method.
4. Remove chicken from cooker and keep warm. If you wish to make a gravy from the liquid pour off any excess fat and then add 2 teaspoons of cornfl our which has been mixed to a smooth paste with cold water. Bring the gravy mixture to the boil and simmer for a few minutes until thickened.
5. Serve with potatoes or rice.